June 21, 2024

My Time at Sandrock: Short marriage guide

I get commissions for purchases made through the links in this post, at no cost to you.

 

Is this a short marriage guide, or guide to a short marriage? Maybe both. I have married three bachelors in My Time at Sandrock so far, just to see the romantic scenes.

So you have decided to marry the bachelor of your dreams? Which one is he? Let me guess: Logan? He surely is the most popular one.

 


My Time at Sandrock marriage requirements

It goes without saying that your relationship with the intended spouse needs to be good enough, at least on Lover level. You also need to have level 5 workshop. You should also have a double bed in your house.

Then the first thing you need is an Engagement ring from the Mysterious man, who only comes to town once a month, on the 20th, and stays for two days.

You can give the engagement ring as a normal gift, or during a date. But there's a special proposal spot, that is a rather hidden gem. If you start from your house follow the train tracks to the right. Turn left before the bridge, and you are on the edge of the cliff, where you can find this beautiful setting. I only knew about this place when I proposed to my third husband, Fang.

 


Attention: There are some bachelors who propose to you themselves, so you don't have to propose to them yourself! These two bachelors are Logan and Owen.

The wedding at the church has to be scheduled for a later date, 1-7 days after the proposal. But for all intents and purposes, after the proposal you are married, and your spouse moves in with you.


How to start the wedding?

Go to the church during the wedding day, and approach the desk on the left. From there choose to have the wedding. The wedding does NOT trigger automatically! 

Best wedding quests: the pets! But of course that's just my opinion. Here I am pictured with my first husband, Qi.

 



All the bachelors have the same post marriage missions: fishing, cooking, taking a walk, and talking with your spouse.

When it comes to bachelors Fang has a unique post marriage quest. This mission is called "Him", and it should trigger fairly soon after getting married. Tip: This mission lasts for several days, and during it you need many Hyacint orchids. Here's a good guide where to find them.

Also Arvio/Amirah have a post marriage quest which involve their parents. 


Marriage benefits

You spouse helps you around the house, and the workshop. What the spouse can do varies between bachelors. For example Fang can dispatch the pets. 


So you want to have a baby?

Once your relationship with your spouse is good enough, an option to ask for a baby appears. But your spouse can also suggest having a baby himself, and I waited for that. For me it happened on the next morning after the baby option bubble appeared. For this option to appear you also need to place a baby crib to your house.

 


The pregnancy lasts for two in-game weeks, and if I'm not totally wrong you do NOT lose health and stamina points during it, like in Portia. So that's definitely an improvement. My baby was born right after the end credits, what a timing.

 


Babies seem to take forever to grow, and I didn't have the patience to see that beyond the stage 2, the crawling phase.

But I must say that Fang is a very dedicated father. The child is always his number one priority. If the baby needs something, Fang runs straight home from his clinic, the other side of town. I once followed him the whole way. He must have a baby monitor... that works a very long distance. Are all the spouses in My Time at Sandrock this dedicated? To be honest I don't know.

 


May all your marriage wishes come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment