February 10, 2024

My time at Sandrock: The mystery of Macchiato the cat

There are many animal residents in My time at Sandrock, and some of them you can adopt as pets.

There are three cats in the game, but only two of them can become pets. One of them is a ginger cat named Macchiato.

 

my time at sandrock macchiato cat

 

As I was trying to find out which gifts Macchiato likes, something really piqued my interest, and quite frankly made me want to laugh.

Among the gifts that Macchiato the cat loves are:

 

  • vintage shotgun
  • vintage assault rifle
  • vintage pistol

 

So what gives?! A cat who loves, wants, and apparently needs guns? What is he gonna do with them? Scary and funny at the same time. 

 

my time at sandrock macchiato cat

 

Then I scrolled down on the wiki page, and read some trivia.

Macchiato the cat also appears in another game, called Party animals. In that game Macchiato is a... mob boss!

That explains it?

So is the story canon that now Macchiato has retired from his job as a mob boss, and is living his golden years peacefully in Sandrock?

But something never dies, like his love for guns?

Nonetheless this attention to detail is hilarious.

 

my time at sandrock macchiato cat

 

And apparently I should get my hands on Party animals. But the game hasn't been released on PS4/PS5. At least not yet, and I don't know if it ever will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment