April 16, 2024

My Time at Sandrock: Best bachelors to romance

I get commissions for purchases made through the links in this post, at no cost to you.

There might be some spoilers in this blog text/photos, so read at your own risk. 

 



In My time at Portia choosing a husband was pretty straightforward for me, because the trophy said it had to be Gust. On my own I would have never chosen him, he was always so rude to me. Until he fell in love with me... I always thought that I'd divorce him and marry someone else, but in the end I found myself wanting to be with him forever. Love works in strange ways.




But in My time at Sandrock I was free to choose my own husband. And it was so difficult, there are 21 love interests in total. This blog post is about the bachelors, not the bachelorettes.

Early in the game I kept running into Arvio. But when he said how handsome Fang is I realized that he must prefer the company of men. So as a female builder that meant no Arvio for me. But if you don't date Arvio you miss his reverse confession, and his clingy behaviour afterwards. It's really easy to romance Arvio. Just choose heart options during the picnic, and that will trigger his confession.

 


What is a reverse confession?

In the context of this game reverse confession means an NPC initiating a romantic relationship with the player. Some bachelors/bachelorettes can do reverse confessions, some don't. 

Which bachelors have reverse confession?

Bachelors with reverse confession are Arvio, Unsuur, Qi and Logan. So don't try to give them the heart knot, they have something special planned for you!

Burgess got on my bad side right from the start. On my third day in Sandrock, he commented how tired I look. That day happened to be my birthday! Thank you for the compliment, you really have made my day!

 



Then out of the blue comes Unsuur. He makes a surprise reverse confession early in the game.  So in my opinion Unsuur is definitely the easiest bachelor to start a relationship with. I was not interested in Unsuur before his confession, but found it difficult to turn him down. And instantly regretted saying no to him. Unsuur is the easiest bachelor to romance. You don't even need to gain relationship points with him, just advancing in the main story will trigger his confession.

 



Scientist Qi is heavily involved in the main story, so it's easy to gain relationship points with him. I kept giving him just power stones and data discs as gifts. Also Qi makes a reverse confession, and suddenly he had become my sweetheart. Qi is really adorable in his nerdiness and social awkwardness, and he's definitely the type I would fall for irl.

 


 

I was interested in Ernest right from the start, because he is a writer. But I never seemed to find him, to be able to advance my relationship with him. Finally I realized that he spends his time at the church Apartments, but still on too many days I forgot that he even exists. Ernest ended up rejecting my heart knot twice, which really hurt. I think it could have been because I hadn't done all his friendship missions yet. Nonetheless then he finally said yes to me. But when he talks about his love for me... because of those earlier rejections I just feel empty inside. I mean, earlier you didn't love me and now you do? I don't buy it.

 


Sandrock's doctor Fang is a total weirdo at first, not even speaking with the player. He communicates through his pet bird X. It's difficult to even start any kind of social interactions with him. It takes forever to get in speaking terms with Fang, or to be able to give him gifts. In my opinion Fang is the most difficult bachelor to romance. First you have to participate to his medical trials enough times, and those are only available on Wednesdays and Fridays, by his clinic. It's also a nice tip to know that on Sundays Fang spends some time at the graveyard.

 


 

But when you finally get to speaking terms with Fang he's just so nice. Always being worried about you. He worries do you take care of yourself and sleep enough and bring his medicine with you. It's so refreshingly different from the arrogant pricks such as Gust and Qi. I'm swoon by Fang's caring nature.

 

My time at Sandrock Fang plush

 

But like I said it takes literally forever to romance Fang. When you finally get the gifting option you get a mission where you need to buy something from the Mysterious man. For me this mission triggered of course so that I had almost a month to wait for the Mysterious man. Then you have to plant the seeds and wait for them to grow. And even after that it takes weeks before the next mission in this storyline becomes available.

 


 

But is Fang worth all the trouble and waiting? Yes. His backstory is heartbreaking. 

Which bachelors have reverse proposal?

There are only two bachelors who do a reverse proposal, Owen and Logan. So if you are an old fashioned gal like me who wants the man to propose marriage, you only have these two options. For me Owen was not an option. I even gave him a very special birthday gift: manure. "I guess you win... This will be an unforgettable birthday for me..." Poor guy...



Logan is the supposed bad guy, and arrives late in the main story. So you have to be patient if you want to get in cahoots with him. I just didn't understand his appeal. Yes, in the end he turns out to be a good guy. Or does he? Logan beats me up on at least two occasions, and I'm supposed to fall for him? I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that. If he's violent towards me then I'm not interested. Of course I did romance him, for research purposes. To experience Logan's reverse confession and proposal, and his romance missions. Later I did realize something horrific, but I'm gonna write about it in another post. 

 



Pen is a jerk who only loves himself, and I used to hate him. Then I realized he's the comical relief, just like Trevor in GTA 5. Now I regret that I didn't date Pen on my first playthrough. I could have been a part of his baker's dozen... But you should know that you can't marry Pen, he will always reject the proposal.

 



I also regret not romancing Miguel, for reasons I won't disclose here. But I'm correcting that mistake on my second playthrough.

 



Zeke has some fans who wish it would be possible to romance him. I hear you, but personally I wish I was able to marry Mort. I think I'm in love with his beard. What is this age racism, Pathea?!

 


But in the end I realized who is the love of my Sandrock life: X. 

Yes, you read that right. I totally fell in love with Fang's pet raven. It happened around the missions where X does something illegal just to get another bird Coco to be his friend. When X realized how stupid he had been and cried, it broke my heart. Poor bird, so desperate for friends.

 


 

So I'm choosing X. Fang can move in with him if he wants to. 

 


 

So far Fang is the only bachelor who has a unique post marriage quest. So if you want to see this special content you know what to do.

 



Later I'm gonna post a guide about marriage. And in another upcoming post I'm gonna reveal everything about my three (!!) marriages! We are also getting on the Logan hype train!

 

My time at Sandrock Logan mousepad

 

Oh yes, I'm obsessed with (Logan &) My Time at Sandrock!

 



My Time at Sandrock Collector's Edition for Playstation 5 is currently on sale on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment